Photoillustration: Jonah Comstock, photograph courtesy Oscar Health and fitness
These times, insurtech is its possess burgeoning startup ecosystem. But in 2012, a startup elbowing into a area dominated by significant prolonged-phrase gamers like United, Humana, Cigna and the Blues was audacious and unheard of. Enter Oscar Overall health, the wellbeing insurance coverage startup which is been pushing the envelope, exploring strategies technological innovation can boost the working experience.
For present day HIMSSCast, Oscar CEO Mario Schlosser joins host Jonah Comstock and Healthcare Finance Information Managing Editor Susan Morse to convey to his tale and reply some concerns about the company’s most up-to-date moves. Along the way, we focus on telehealth, price-dependent care, and much more.
Be guaranteed to look at out Mario subsequent week at the HIMSS State of Healthcare event on June 15th, where by he’ll symbolize the payer standpoint on a panel of healthcare industry experts.
- What would make Oscar’s entire-stack approach to technologies distinct?
- Differentiators: Automation, digital most important care, +Oscar.
- Main components driving trends in healthcare.
- How COVID boosted the virtual principal treatment enterprise.
- How Oscar overcame (and overcomes) healthcare’s initial-mover curse.
- ‘Shifting the battlefield” towards price-centered care.
- Driving Oscar in direction of profitability.
- Oscar’s marriage with Cigna, and with other payers.
- Moving towards the frontier of chance-based mostly payments.
- Why telemedicine and price-based care require every other.
- The Catch-22 of risk-sharing in healthcare.
- The rising “orthogonal” health care procedure.
- The very last mile in telehealth.
- Increasing company fascination in being in the well being program business.
More about this episode:
Alphabet’s $375 million in Oscar Wellbeing will broaden insurer into Medicare Advantage enterprise (from 2018)
Cigna, Oscar strategy to extend very affordable coverage for tiny firms in Connecticut
Oscar launches no-expense digital most important care in planned 2021 enlargement